Top 5 Ways to Increase Domain Authority (DA) by Certified Digital Marketing Agency, Absolute Digital
Updated: Oct 20
If you are a business owner, you probably already know the importance of ranking on Google to get customers or brand awareness. In today's competitive world, it's not enough just to appear on Google, but you want to appear on page 1! Google's SEO ranks websites like yours on their SERP based on several factors like credibility and Domain Authority (DA). This is a great article to better understand how Google SEO works.
"Domain Authority (DA) is a search engine ranking score developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on SERPs. A Domain Authority score ranges from 1 to 100, with higher scores corresponding to a greater ability to rank." - What is Domain Authority
With a higher DA, it increases your credibility with Google and therefore gives you more visibility on Google's SERP.
A brand new website (or domain) gets a DA of just 1.
In order for Google to rank your website on page 1, it needs to be 40 to 50, or more if your industries are competitive. Websites like Facebook have a DA of 99. That is why they always appear on top of Google SERP list. In short, to get Google to rank your website, it needs to trust your website and to get Google to trust your website you need a high DA.
Here are some simple and effective ways which you can increase your DA from today!
1. Backlinks - By increasing the number of links from external websites to yours, you build credibility in Google's eyes and therefore will get a higher DA. To get more backlinks, you'll need to reach out to more website admins and give them a reason to link to your website.
2. Link Quality - Not only you need more backlinks, but these links should also have a high DA (.edu or .gov are the best) and should be relevant to your website's content as well. This is considered as link quality.
3. Content - Your content on your website should be relevant to the keywords you want to rank on page 1. Other than being relevant, it also needs to add value to viewers.
4. Social - Connect to your social accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to gain a stronger digital presence. Moz looks at your socials as a consideration for your DA too.
5. SEO Friendliness - This includes having a structured sitemap, mobile responsive web design, meta tags amongst other factors. The more optimised your website is, the easier Google can find the right information on your website.
These are guidelines meant to help increase your DA. However, to see the desired results, you will need to understand how Moz calculates DA with over 40 different metrics. The more of these criteria you fulfil, the higher your DA will be and therefore have a higher chance to rank on Google SEO's first page.
To find out more on increasing your Domain Authority or how to rank on Google SEO, you can read these helpful articles here. If you'd like to contact Absolute Digital to find out how we can help rank your website on page 1 of Google SERP, you can reach out to us at +65 8892 1290, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.absolutedigital.sg