Cheap SEO vs. Premium SEO Services by Best Digital Marketing Agency, Absolute Digital
Updated: Oct 20
There is a lot of talk about why you should pay agencies hundreds, and even thousands to optimize your website for Google Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). But why do some companies choose freelancers over reputable agencies? Today we are going to breakdown the factors for your consideration should you want to work with a partner to boost your website ranking.
Well, Google is the top search engine in today's modern age, and it's understandable why companies are fighting to be number one on Google. If you are new here, welcome! In this article, All You Need To Know About Google SEO, we have broken down what is so important about Google SEO. To better understand this read, you should head on there to get a better understanding of this topic. Now, let's dive in...
Once you have a better understanding of the factors of what ranks a website on Google and are looking for a partner to boost your website ranking, you will start to realize that it is difficult to choose the right agency to work with. On one hand, an agency might guarantee you on the first page of Google, but another agency might tell you it is near impossible to achieve that. They are both right, and here is why:
"If SEO were that easy and individuals could do it for themselves, there will be no digital marketing agencies."
To understand this concept, we revisit the different methods of Google SEO optimization:
White Hat SEO - Simply put, white hat SEO refers to the usage of optimization strategies, techniques, and tactics that focus on a human audience opposed to search engines and completely follows search engine rules and policies.
Black Hat SEO - Whilst black hat SEO refers to the use of aggressive SEO strategies, techniques, and tactics that focus only on search engines and not a human audience, and usually does not obey search engines guidelines.
Most agencies claim that they are practicing white hat SEO. That is because it is widely considered as the 'ethical' method for ranking your website according to Google's algorithms. However, you may never know for sure. Here are some hints that they are practicing this method:
1. Offering quality content and services
2. Fast site loading times and mobile-friendliness
3. Using descriptive, keyword-rich meta tags
4. Making your site easy to navigate
White hat SEO usually takes about 6 to 9 months before you can see your website anywhere near page 1 on Google. Even then, it's only on the selected keywords you have chosen to optimize your website with. Of course, this would depend on the competitiveness of your industry.
One good example would be Asia Top Investigations LLP where in this case, this client's website was newly developed by Absolute Digital and has Google SEO optimization. In the short span of 3 months, ATI was ranked number 1 one Google SEO keywords like "Top Private Investigator", "Top Investigator", "Singapore Top Investigator", "Top Investigator In Singapore", "Top Investigator In Asia", "Asia Top Investigator", "Top Private Detective", "Asia Top Private Detective", "Top Private Detective In Asia", "Singapore Top Private Detective Agency", and many more...
Search these keywords on Google for proof!
Although we do not guarantee results like these in every industry because of the complexity of Google's algorithms, it is possible to do so using white hat methods. This is just one of the many success stories from Absolute Digital.
This is what our client from ATI had to say:
"Absolute Digital works relentlessly to achieve our objectives and I truly appreciate their hard work and dedication. They have also been very responsive as well as patient when it comes to Web Design and Google Marketing. Overall, a pleasant working experience working with these guys!" - Vincent Tan, Managing Director, ATI
However, some clients demand faster results and better ranking. So agencies who are desperate to get their business would over-promise and turn to black hat SEO. These are usually spammers who want fast results without going through the process of white hat SEO and here's how they do it:
1. Paid links: Usually to spam a website with a lower quality score or Domain Authority which would affect yours as well. In some worse case, black hat SEO methods have backlinks to gambling or pornographic website which significantly affects your website's score and ranking on Google.
2. Spam traffic: Cheap SEO services usually results in using spam or 'fake' traffic to boost the number count on your website but would affect the long-term website ranking score once Google detects (and they will) sooner or later.
3. Duplicate content: To rank your website relevant to the keywords on Google, a good amount of content is needed from your website. However, instead of coming out with original content, these service providers often duplicate content to give the illusion of volume but when Google detects the repeated content, they would rank their website's quality score lower.
4. Plagiarising: Similar to the point above, they copy someone else's content and claim it as their own. Google can detect this and will penalize offenders severely. It is best to come up with original content but if you are quoting another source, it is important to quote that source with a link to their website as a reference.
5. Cloaking: This refers to the practice of presenting different content or URLs to human users and search engines. Cloaking is considered a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines because it provides our users with different results than they expected.
6. Doorway passages: These are sites or pages created to rank highly for specific search queries. They are bad for users because they can lead to multiple similar pages in user search results, where each result ends up taking the user to essentially the same destination. They can also lead users to intermediate pages that are not as useful as the final destination.
7. Keyword stuffing: This happens when a brand fills or “stuffs” a website with the same target term hoping to rank higher in search engines. Losing popularity as compared to some years ago, it’s still used by some brands to try to boost their search visibility.
8. Invisible texts: These involve hiding text or links in your content to manipulate Google’s search rankings can be seen as deceptive and is a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. Text (such as excessive keywords) can be hidden in several ways,
Black hat techniques are risky because they are usually detected sooner or later. Consequently, a website can be banned or penalized. Penalization is a much more common consequence to pay for negative SEO and involves lowering a website’s rank. - Unanmo
Once you lose your website rank or worst, get penalized, you are better off starting from scratch optimizing a new website. So it is imperative that you choose the right agency to work with.
This is not to say all cheap SEO service providers are using black hat SEO and premium SEO service providers are using white hat methods. But be informed about the different methods before you choose the right agency to work with because ultimately, you do not want to harm your website's ranking and quality score.
Keyword suggestions: Top Digital Marketing Agency in Singapore, Best Digital Marketing Agency in Singapore, Cheap Digital Marketing Agency in Singapore, Experienced Digital Marketing Agency in Singapore, Certified Digital Marketing Agency in Singapore, Cheap Google SEO services in Singapore, Cheap Google SEM services in Singapore, Google SEO Services Freelancer in Singapore, Google SEM Services Freelancer in Singapore, Facebook Marketing Freelancer in Singapore, Cheap Facebook Marketing Agency in Singapore, Best Facebook Advertising Agency in Singapore, Top Facebook Marketing Agency in Singapore, Singapore Top Website Design Agency, Best Web Design Agency in Singapore, Cheap Website Singapore, Cheap Web Design Singapore, Singapore Website Grant, How to claim Website Grant in Singapore.