Google AdSense: Important Updates (December 2021)
Important: Google to send non-personalized ad requests to third party real-time bidding buyers
Starting on 20th January 2022, Google will start sending bid requests for non-personalized and restricted data processing ad requests to third-party bidders that participate in Google’s unified auction. To preserve user privacy, user identifiers will be dropped from the bid requests.
What does this rollout mean for your ad monetization?
Starting in January, your UI settings relating to CCPA and GDPR will apply to non-personalized and Restricted data processing bid requests to third party bidders. This means that when non-personalized ads or Restricted data processing is selected:
• Bid requests will be sent to third party bidders, including for users in the EEA/UK, Brazil and CA, as determined by any applicable vendor selections in the AdSense account:
- For CA requests, you can select CCPA eligible bidders in your CCPA settings tab (Privacy & messaging > CCPA > Settings)
- For EEA and UK requests, you can select ad technology providers in your GDPR tab (Privacy & messaging > GDPR > Settings)
- For BR requests, bid requests will be sent to eligible LGPD bidders
- Individual ad requests tagged as RDP or NPA outside of the above regions will be sent to all bidders, subject to other protections.
• Bid requests sent to third party bidders will be labeled with appropriate privacy signals and user identifiers will be removed
More information on AdSense non-personalized advertising settings can be found here. Please review your vendor selections.
About Absolute Digital SEO Agency
If you're trying to optimize your website for Google SEO, we'd recommend reading this article first to get started: 3 Ways To Improve Your Google SEO Campaign Right Now! For more on SEO agency topics or SEO-related articles, you can read our SEO blogs here.
We don't just claim that we are the best, our awards speak for us:
We sincerely hope you find these articles valuable to your business and if it has helped you in understanding how businesses market their brand online, please let us know in the comment section and leave us a like below. If you'd like to find read more articles just like this, you can check out our free resources page here.
Thank you for your time we hope you've enjoyed and found some value in this article we've written. To contact our SEO Agency, you may reach out to us by email at email@example.com or call us at 6908 1919 | 9662 1919.
3. SEO Agency,
7. Google SEO,