Importance of Keyword Research in SEO Marketing.
Updated: Dec 13, 2021
When choosing to go digital for your business, there are many options available for companies to choose from. One of the main options would be SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and an important aspect of it would include Keyword Research. What is Keyword Research? Today, let’s explore and take a look at how it can help your business grow!
Keyword research is a process of discovering and determining the keywords that would be most relevant for the objectives of a given website, by finding out what your target audience is searching for and related topics.
This is an important step because before you can help a business grow through search engine optimization, you first have to understand who they are, who their customers are, and their goals. Focusing on your audience and then using keyword data to hone those insights will help make for much more successful campaign as compared to focusing on arbitrary keywords. It is also important to research keywords in order to avoid misunderstandings or assumptions you may have about your users’ needs.
Basic strategy on approaching Keyword Research
1) Identifying relevant keywords: Identify a list of words that are relevant to your business and indicate that the searcher may be interested in your content. Using competitor insight, analytics data, internal search data, Google suggest data, and any historical data to construct an initial list.
2) Expand the list: Use Google Keyword Tool to expand the word list and to understand relative search volumes of all your keywords.
3) Prioritize your list: Your expended list will be your “keyword universe.” It is useful to then prioritize your keywords and choose the most important ones that you will be targeting with your campaign.
4) Categorize important keywords: Once you have a list of important keywords, categorize the keywords into segments specific to business goals. This allows for more understanding of performance.
5) Identify preferred landing pages: Map keywords to pages they are most relevant to. These pages will be the primary target of your optimization activities for priority keywords.
6) Adjust and review regularly to suit goals such as increase in acquisition and engagement: It’s good practice to review these data sets monthly to identify any new opportunities that should be integrated into your SEO campaign. This is especially so for new brands and keywords driven by seasonal behavior.
To conclude, these 6 factors of keyword research contributes to your keyword marketing as SEO relies heavily on keyword research. In order to rank for page 1 on Google SEO, you can try using these 6 methods to boost your keywords relevance score. If you need help with any of these, feel free to enquire with any SEO Agency like Absolute Digital.
About Absolute Digital SEO Agency
If you're trying to optimize your website for Google SEO, we'd recommend reading this article first to get started: 3 Ways To Improve Your Google SEO Campaign Right Now! For more on SEO agency topics or SEO-related articles, you can read our SEO blogs here.
We don't just claim that we are the best, our awards speak for us:
We sincerely hope you find these articles valuable to your business and if it has helped you in understanding how businesses market their brand online, please let us know in the comment section and leave us a like below. If you'd like to find read more articles just like this, you can check out our free resources page here.
Thank you for your time we hope you've enjoyed and found some value in this article we've written. To contact our SEO Agency, you may reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 6908 1919 | 9662 1919.
3. SEO Agency,
7. Google SEO,